Monday, January 25, 2010

Major


I haven't blogged in a while, and I've missed it. Its been a couple of interesting days. I've had to challenge the direction I wanted my life to go, and doing so was an emotional roller coaster. In previous posts I mentioned it. About my previous feelings towards some of the classes I had been taking. About how I wish I could do something I really LOVED. About how I felt that life was decided for you.

All this time I thought that "doing what you love" was a stupid cliche that people refused to let go of. But its not stupid. Its real. And you know what? I'm taking steps to doing what I love. Its just that it required serious self-examination and time that I wasn't willing to offer. I just wanted to do what "seemed" best. But what "seemed" best was killing me. I hated it. I didn't feel like I was being true to myself. And now that I finally took the steps to changing my major, I find that being true to one's self is worth it. I feel free, and little scared at the same time. I'm not completely sure what I want for the end goal of my life...but things are looking up. I know the old worries about money and other things will rise, but now I SINCERELY believe that if you're doing something that completes you as a person, and you're saavy about career opportunities, money will follow.

This is a good feeling. And guess what? I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers