Thursday, June 17, 2010

Tired...

Man, this new job has got me exhausted. More so, it has caused a weird dynamic shift in my summer. Gone are the days filled with reading excessively and spending my days walking and sleeping. Now my days are filled with little children screaming in my ear, pulling at my clothing, disobeying every single one of my requests, and just wearing me out! As I type this, I am humored. I didn't know what I expected; although I did expect this, I just didn't expect how tired I would be as a result. I suppose I shouldn't complain. After all, I myself know several of my peers who were not able to find jobs this summer. Several have searched with no avail. Fortunately, I did not have to search at all. I had always been on good terms with the owner of the summer camp I currently work for; so returning with ease after a two-year hiatus was no real surprise. And I understand why he was so eager to have me return. I am a good counselor. No, haughtiness hasn't overwhelmed me, it is just something I realize. I am good with children, most children really take a liking to me...but is the feeling mutual? I'm not sure.

The thing is, I believe that the reason children like me so much is that I don't treat them as children, but as "young adults". I could see how this point of view might become problematic, but for the most part, children love to be given attention like that of adults. They have important things to say, and want their listeners to realize that. However, it is inevitable to mention that children WILL behave like children; this is where the majority of problems arise.

Anyway, this is the latest I have been up in the past week. Right now it is 10:37 pm. On previous days I would return home, just to pass out on my bed. I would remain in this pseudo-comatose state until about 3 or 4 am in the morning. Meaning that I would waste my entire day due to my sheer exhaustion. I have become more accustomed to the schedule now and I think I will be alright.

I think I have to remind myself that money is money, and that all these challenges are a stepping stone to something greater.

Yup, I'll just stay optimistic.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers